Job Vacancies at KlearMinds
Couples Therapist – Job Description
Would you like to be part of a highly respected private therapy service (est. 2008) with a dynamic, friendly and supportive team?
If you are a qualified, experienced psychotherapist or counselling psychologist, experienced in working with couples, and meet the criteria outline in the job description below, we would love to hear from you. Instructions on how to apply are noted at the end of this page.
KlearMinds is a friendly, established (2008), private integrative psychotherapy and coaching organisation with a reputation for providing a high quality service. We are seeking experienced, integrative couples psychotherapists to join our team.
Your working day is similar to that of a consultant in private practice. The difference is, you don’t have to pay for rooms or marketing or worry about filling appointments. We do all this for you. If you simply want to enjoy seeing clients, under the umbrella of a supportive service, free from the stresses involved in promoting and generating referrals, our service may be a good fit for you.
We understand that work as an independent couples therapist can be isolating and many therapists miss a team connection. We create opportunities for our therapists to connect, via regular team meetings, training/CPD and team events, so you can enjoy a sense of community with KlearMinds colleagues.
- We can provide you with a full caseload of clients.
- You can utilise the free high quality clinical supervision we provide.
- The admin required from you is minimal.
We provide you with helpful, friendly administrative support.
- We provide clinical advice and support when needed.
- We provide opportunities for you to connect with other therapists within the team, e.g. via regular team meetings, free training events and team get togethers.
- We provide professional, comfortable rooms in prime locations, for you and your clients, you do not pay for rooms, the option to work partly online is also possible.
- We provide an induction for working with our service, so you feel supported and comfortable before you start seeing clients.
- We are friendly and supportive and want you to enjoy your time working with us.
- The opportunity to receive a good rate of pay with potential for further increases.
You can choose hours that will work best for you, from a range of availability including: morning/lunch, late afternoon/evening and/or weekend. You will be required to offer a minimum of 6 to 10 client hours per week, which would include one evening slot from 5pm to 8pm (last appointment) preferably in-person but online may be possible OR one weekend slot preferably in-person but online may be possible. Flexibility on times and hours may be considered.
You will receive £70 to £100 per 50 minute session. As our service expands, there will be opportunities for further increases in income potential.
- To conduct clinical assessments with couples referred to you for therapy.
- To provide couples therapy to clients on a face to face basis in the rooms we provide in central London.
- The option to work partly online is also possible.
- To complete a small amount of weekly admin, i.e. brief client attendance records.
- To maintain your own client records and hold them in a secure locked area.
- You must be a fully qualified psychotherapist or counselling psychologist.
- Within (or in addition to) the 7 years individual adult therapy experience, 3 years couples therapy experience is required.
- You must hold a psychological therapy accreditation with either COSRT, HCPC, UKCP, BACP.
- To provide a therapeutic approach which includes an integration of at least three psychotherapy approaches. Ideally, these will have elements of psychoeducation, understanding unconscious processes and developmental ages presenting in therapy. An understanding and integration of new approaches from neuroscience would be an advantage (e.g. sensorimotor, polyvagal and/or internal family systems).
- Experience working with a wide range of clinical and couples issues.
- Experience working with PTSD/Abuse issues would be an advantage.
- Alongside face to face therapy, you must be comfortable providing therapy via online platforms: e.g. skype, zoom, google hangouts etc.
- You must be able to work with KlearMinds on a self-employed basis.
- You would feel confident working with a predominantly high achieving client group who expect to see results.
- When clinically supportive and practicable, to be able to work flexibly with clients around appointment times.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you have your own private practice based in a central London or a London city location, due to a conflict of interest, it would not be suitable for you to submit an application to our service.
KlearMinds offers free supervision which you can avail of. This would be in addition to your own privately paid for clinical supervision with a more senior qualified psychotherapist.
London City (near Liverpool Street, Bank and Moorgate) and Central London (near Bond Street and Oxford Circus).
You must be available to provide some therapy, face to face, in one of our London locations. The option to work partly online is also possible.
Please submit a full CV and a statement of why you are interested in working with our service to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: No closing date. The advert will be closed as soon as the position is filled.
Thank you for your interest in our service.