We all experience periods of feeling “down” in our lives. However, if these feelings don’t go away quickly, or if they become so bad that they interfere with your everyday life, you might be suffering from depression.
At KlearMinds, our experienced therapists use a unique blend of CBT depression counselling that can really help. We can show you effective step-by-step strategies you can take to successfully beat depression.
When you are depressed, things can seem hopeless and out of your control, but with the right help it can be possible to turn it around. Understanding the root cause of your depression and engaging in active strategies can help you to both alleviate depressive symptoms and prevent them from recurring in the future. Whatever is triggering your depression, our CBT depression therapists can help you understand what’s keeping you stuck and show you the steps you can take to regain happiness and control of your life.
“Aside from being someone understanding to talk to, Maggie taught me through exercises to help me practice thinking about myself and my life in a more positive light… My relationships with my friends and family have greatly improved. I have gone from tolerating life to loving it, including the bumpy bits.”
Read more: Client Reviews
At KlearMinds, we have helped many people overcome a wide range depression symptoms. Here are just some of the ways in which we can help you to become a more positive and happier person:
• Learn to understand how the root causes of depression symptoms can block positive change
• Discover steps you can take to address the cause of depression and rebuild happiness
• Understand how particular behaviours can fuel symptoms of depression, and how to change these
• Learn how to stop negative automatic thoughts
• Discover proven strategies that can stop depressive symptoms from taking over
• Learn how you can rebuild happiness and fulfilment in your life
• Discover how to develop a tool kit that you can use to prevent depression recurring in the future
Everyone’s experience of depression varies, but there are some common signs and symptoms. It’s important to remember that these symptoms can be part of the normal ‘lows’ experienced by everyone now and again. However, the more symptoms you have, the stronger they are, and the longer they’ve lasted, the more likely it is that you’re dealing with depression. When these symptoms are causing problems in your life, getting help can strengthen your ability to beat depression.
• Low mood
• Lack of motivation
• Lack of pleasure
• Changes in appetite
• Loss of sex drive
• Difficulty concentrating
• Social withdrawal
• Suicidal thoughts
There are many reasons why you might feel depressed, and these will differ from person to person. Sometimes the cause is obvious – a particular disappointment or frustration, or the loss of a loved one – but that’s not always the case. Typically, there are several underlying reasons and contributing factors working in combination to result in depression. These may include:
• Negative life events such as job loss, family problems or divorce
• Bereavement an how successfully you come to terms with your loss
• Childhood experiences including trauma and abuse, or lack of preparation for adult life
• Long term suppressed anger
• Personal circumstances such as loneliness, stress, physical exhaustion or disability
• Physical illness including viral infections (e.g. glandular fever), painful or chronic illnesses (e.g. arthritis), hormonal imbalances (e.g. underactive thyroid)
• Life threatening conditions such as cancer and heart disease
• Heavy drinking
• Heavy social media use
While everyone feels low now and again, how can you tell when your symptoms have reached a point when you need professional help? As a rule of thumb, if your depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and you feel depressed for most of the day, every day, you should seek help.
If your depression starts to interfere with your ability to function at work, in your family, relationships and social life, or your overall sense of contentment is affected to the point where you might be contemplating self-harm or suicide, you will urgently need professional support to beat depression.
It may seem like an impossible task to overcome your depression, but the sooner you seek help, the more successful the chances of turning your negative outlook around.
If you are tired of living with depression and are ready to get treatment, a Klearminds CBT and depression counsellor can help you. Why wait any longer? Contact us today.
At KlearMinds, we offer CBT depression counselling with depression psychotherapists and counsellors in the City of London EC1 and EC2. Our London based counsellors are within easy reach of Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Old Street, Farringdon, Barbican and Shoreditch. We are also located in Kensington W8.
Visit the following links for further information on our locations: