Coronavirus Counselling in London
If you are struggling, counselling can help you regain control and relief from distressing psychological or emotional symptoms triggered by this pandemic.
Reactions That Can Occur During Pandemic and Quarantine Situations
- Feelings of isolation and hopelessness
- Relationship stress and conflict triggered from being confined
- Children displaying challenging problematic behaviour
- Increased levels of anxiety and panic
- Obsessive-compulsive habits escalating
- Hypervigilance, overcautious, wary
- Anxious uncertainty regarding work and finances
- Anxiety around separation and/or caring for people who are unwell
- Difficulty coping with unexpected loss
- PTSD symptoms being triggered unexpectedly
- Uncontrollable anxiety
- Fear of Contagion
- Re-entry anxiety
How Can Counselling Help During Quarantine & Pandemic?
Counselling can powerfully help you to regain control and feel more able to navigate this difficult time. Here are some of the ways in which our team of psychotherapists can help you develop the ability to:
- Reduce and better manage anxiety, panic, distressful thoughts and feelings
- Reduce and prevent increases in symptoms of depression
- Cope more easily and comfortably with enforced isolation
- Cope better with uncertainties regarding work and finances
- Managing relationship stressors and conflict constructively
- Gain relief from separation anxiety
- Maintain and/or develop positive communication and relationship strategies for coping better together (including remotely)
- Better manage children displaying problematic behaviour and emotions
- Cope with unexpected bereavement
- Reduce PTSD symptoms being triggered
- Calm and reduce the intensity of obsessive compulsions, thinking and fears
- Support and help as you start to return to work and meet friends again
What are the Common Reactions to a Pandemic and Post Isolation?
The most common reaction to a pandemic is hyper-vigilance – being over-cautious and wary about things, such as when a person coughs or is not wearing a mask. These feelings can be exacerbated by the fear of contamination. Some people may have trouble concentrating, making decisions, or feel sad, angry or overwhelmed. Others may experience physical symptoms such as headaches, muscle aches, and stomach aches, or have disrupted sleeping and eating patterns. These are all normal reactions, and over time, as life gets back to normal, these feelings usually decrease.
After regularly hearing messages like “stay home and stay safe”, from July 2021 big changes took place. Many activities that were restricted or closed resumed, and the wearing of face masks became voluntary. For some, these changes caused an increase in tension and some felt more socially anxious than ever. You are not the only one and if you are experiencing higher levels of anxiety, it’s understandable.
The following feedback is from a client who we provided with a therapist re-match:
Just wanted to say, amazing pick with Kate. Very happy with the switch.
I am loving my therapy and making progress already after 3 sessions. Read More
Not Sure Which Therapist Or Type Of Therapy You Need?
Get in touch with Maggie Morrow, Award Winning Therapist & KlearMinds Director. Maggie can help match you with the right therapist based on your needs.
Online Counselling Available.
Coronavirus Counselling at Klearminds
We can help you regain control and relief from distressing and emotional symptoms triggered by Covid-19.
Information & Self-Help Tips for Coping with Corona Virus
Coronavirus & Mental Health: Returning To Life After Lockdown
The impact of changing from a regular routine to a period of uncertainty has been well-discussed in relation to mental…
5 positive lockdown lessons for personal development
If 2020 has taught us anything it’s that life doesn’t always go according to plan. The unprecedented levels of change…
Coping with Re-entry Anxiety After Covid
For much of the last year we’ve all been receiving messages like “stay home” and “stay safe”. More recently, the…
How To Deal With Anxiety During The COVID-19 Pandemic
A public health crisis such as the coronavirus pandemic is not something any of us have experienced before, which makes…
COVID-19: 4 Ways To Keep Your Mind Healthy
After forcing millions of people to stay inside, the COVID-19 pandemic has raised huge concerns over the mental health and…
Couple Anxiety: 4 At-Home Activities To Reduce Lockdown Tension
The stresses of COVID-19 are understandably causing a powerful impact on our mental health. Financial pressures, furlough schemes and even…
How to cope with post-lockdown social anxiety
For most people, the easing of lockdown can’t come soon enough. We’re looking forward to hugging our loved ones, spending…
COVID-19 & CBT: How to Improve Your Mental Health
The coronavirus pandemic has resulted in many changes to our lives in the last few weeks, leaving many of us…
COPING WITH ISOLATION – 10 TIPS FOR COUPLES
Caring For Your Connection In The Corona Crisis Many couples who typically present for therapy have found their relationship suffering…
Our London Therapy Locations
We help people across London and have therapy rooms in Central London & London City.
Our hand-selected therapists have trained in the UK’s most respected counselling institutions. They hold a minimum of 8 and up to 30 years clinical experience within the NHS, private and/or charitable sectors in and around London. They are registered with: