Anger Management Therapy
KlearMinds anger management therapy is designed to help you learn how to control anger effectively. We use a powerful combination of integrative psychotherapy, coaching and CBT to help you discover how to harness the positive potential in feelings of anger.
What Causes Anger Problems
We all feel angry at times – it’s part of being human. Anger is a normal, healthy emotion, which we might experience if we feel we’re being attacked, deceived, frustrated or treated unfairly. Anger can also help us to identify problems, motivate us to create change or achieve our goals, plus help us stay safe and defend ourselves.
Anger only becomes a problem when it gets out of control and harms you or people around you. This can happen when:
- you regularly express your anger through unhelpful or destructive behaviour
- your anger is having a negative impact on your overall mental and physical health
- anger becomes your go-to emotion, blocking out your ability to feel other emotions
- you haven’t developed healthy ways to express your anger
How Can Anger Management Counselling Help?
Whilst we cannot control anger provoking situations, we can learn step by step techniques for successfully managing them.
Our anger management counselling can help you:
- Learn to recognise triggers which ignite anger and how to manage them effectively
- Develop coping strategies to manage anger provoking situations
- Discover communication techniques which enable you to achieve constructive outcomes
- Learn how to identify and create conditions which make it easier for you to successfully address situations which irritate, upset or anger you
- Discover strategies which can de-escalate physically intense anger so you don’t become overwhelmed and lose control
- Learn how old habits can contribute to problem/anger escalation and how to replace them with strategies which give you positive results
- Learn how constructive expression of anger can build self confidence, enrich relationships and contribute to success at work.