If you suffer from stress and anxiety, the symptoms can be frustrating and debilitating. At KlearMinds, our counsellors can show you steps that you can take to regain control.
Using proven techniques (including CBT Therapy) for overcoming anxiety, we can help you obtain relief from stress and panic attacks. We can show you how to overcome and manage your symptoms effectively and stop them ruining your life.
Anxiety is an umbrella term for feelings of fear, nervousness, apprehensiveness, or worry. Everybody gets anxious at times and some anxiety actually helps us to function well, but anxiety can become a problem when:
Anxiety is the body’s way of responding to potential danger. Adrenaline is rushed into our bloodstream to enable us to run away or fight or freeze. It is the body’s alarm and survival mechanism. We wouldn’t have survived for long without this life-saving response.
It works so well, that it often kicks in when it’s not needed – when the danger is in our heads rather than in reality. We think we’re in danger, so that’s enough to trigger the system to kick off. Once anxious, we can get into scanning mode – where we’re constantly on the lookout for danger, hyper-alert to any of the signals, and make it more likely that the alarm system will be activated.
While it’s normal to feel anxious when we face a challenging and stressful situation such as an exam, a job interview, it can be a problem when anxiety is activated during normal everyday situations. If you have overwhelming worries or fears – with or without foundation – that are preventing you from living your life to the full, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.
Without recourse to effective strategies for understanding and addressing stress symptoms, your anxiety and panic attacks may increase, which in turn could create major problems in your relationships, in your work and your overall wellbeing.
Our London counsellors can help you fully understand the causes of stress, anxiety and panic. We will show you essential anxiety management techniques for dealing with stress, how to stop anxiety attacks, manage stressful situations confidently and calmly and overcome panic – for good.
“Really helped me with managing my day-to-day anxieties and the root cause problems…”
“Helped me to identify the issues which cause me anxiety and to find techniques which enabled me to deal with them as they arose…”
“Learned to recognise my achievements and control my feelings of anxiety, which has helped me to regain my confidence and given me the motivation to try lots of new things…”
Click here to read more: Anxiety Counselling Reviews
Working with a KlearMinds therapist will result in two major benefits: Firstly, you will no longer feel exhausted or debilitated by your symptoms of anxiety, stress or panic. Secondly, you can build a reliable tool kit to manage current and future stress situations effectively and confidently.
Here are some of the ways that we can help you learn to become a more confident and happier person:
Learn more about the overall therapy approach we take when working with you here.
Below are some of the common symptoms people experience when dealing with anxiety, stress or panic. Our CBT and anxiety counselling program can help you find relief and develop the skills you need to minimise these symptoms and cope confidently with the challenges you face.
Many GP’s and professionals recommend CBT therapy for anxiety because it demonstrates good results. It is an excellent therapy which we integrate into our work when helping clients address anxiety. However, it may not fully deal with root cause of anxiety. For this reason we integrate other therapies into our work with clients, because these therapies demonstrate a continued and increased improvement for individuals post therapy.
There are 5 commonly diagnosed anxiety disorders:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) – Chronic anxiety, exaggerated worry and fear even when there may be little or no apparent cause.
- Panic Disorder – Unpredictable and repeated periods of intense fear, often with physical symptoms such as chest pain, irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath or stomach pains.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) – Recurrent unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or behaviours (compulsions) that are often performed repeatedly but only provide temporary relief.
- Phobias – Overwhelming fear of something that is unlikely to be dangerous, and that may be triggered by certain objects or situations.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) – Strong feelings of anxiety that develop after exposure to a traumatic event in which serious physical harm was threatened or actually occurred.
If you’re not sure whether your anxiety is normal or becoming an anxiety disorder, it might help to ask yourself these questions to get a clearer picture.
• Are you regularly worried, tense and irritable or always on edge?
• Is your anxiety affecting your work or relationships?
• Do you suffer from irrational fears that just won’t go away or sense danger and catastrophe around every corner?
• Do you feel that something bad will happen if you don’t do certain things in a particular way?
• Do you routinely avoid everyday situations because you feel anxious about them?
• Do you suffer from panic attacks with real physical symptoms such as chest pains, shortness of breath, nausea or stomach pains?
• Do you drink more or use drugs to cope with your anxieties?
Anxiety is a treatable condition, so there’s no reason why you should suffer in silence. Why not make an appointment with a KlearMinds anxiety counsellor to see how we can help?
Click the following links for some self-help tips and useful information on panic and anxiety:
Have you had enough of feeling stressed or anxious and feel ready to change your life for the better? A KlearMinds London City based CBT and anxiety counsellor can help you regain control of your life. Why not contact us today and take the first step to improve your life.
Visit the following links for further information on our locations:
You can find KlearMinds’ anxiety counsellors at our three convenient London locations: