Stress Management Therapy
If you feel ready to stop stress from ruling your life, our stress counsellors can help. Our stress management centres are located in the London City, near Old Street, Liverpool Street. We also have a stress therapist in Victoria and Kensington.
Is Stress Causing You Problems?
Stress is the feeling of being overwhelmed or unable to cope with mental or emotional pressure and is our body’s response to pressure. Many different situations or life events can cause stress. It is often triggered when we experience something new, unexpected or that threatens our sense of self, or when we feel we have little control over a situation.
Sometimes, this stress response can be useful: it can help us push through fear or pain so we can run a marathon or deliver a speech, for example. Our stress hormones will usually go back to normal quickly once the stressful event is over, and there won’t be any lasting effects. However, too much stress can cause negative effects. It can leave us in a permanent stage of fight or flight, leaving us overwhelmed or unable to cope. Long term, this can affect our physical and mental health, affecting our work, relationship and health.
Successful stress management requires knowing how to control the stress factors, in your life. At KlearMinds, we can help you develop the tools you need, to feel confident and in control, no matter what stress you face.
Issues for Stress Counselling & Coaching
- Work pressures
- Anxiety / Panic Attacks
- Relationship problems
- Family worries
- Illness / physical problems
- Bereavement or loss
- Difficulty coping/low mood/depression
- Abusing alcohol or drugs to cope
- Angry outbursts
- Loneliness / withdrawal
How Does Our Stress Counselling & Coaching Work?
Whilst stress cannot be removed from our lives completely, it is possible to learn techniques that reduce the impact of stress in our day to day life, and to develop essentials skills, to prevent excessive stress recurring in the future. Our stress counsellors and stress coaches use a powerful combination of CBT, counselling and coaching techniques to help you:
- Understand the really important factors, that cause your stress to exceed comfortable levels and what you can do to stop this happening in future
- Discover how to replace uncomfortable physiological symptoms of stress with confidence, ease and control
- Learn why, in particular situations, where others appear calm, you may feel stressed or anxious and steps you can take to change this
- Discover simple strategies you can use to tackle stress situations and feel more calm and in control
- Learn how you can prevent stressful situations from escalating or recurring in the future
- Discover how to create balance in your life, which reduces stress and creates more happiness and contentment in your days.
- If your stress is pervasive, you can discover how to remove the roots of particular stress responses, commonly developed in childhood and adolescence, which cause unnecessary discomfort and unease in your current life. This way you can become calm and confident in situations where you thought, only other people can have that feeling.
The following feedback is from a client who we provided with a therapist re-match:
Just wanted to say, amazing pick with Kate. Very happy with the switch.
I am loving my therapy and making progress already after 3 sessions. Read More
Meet Our Experienced Therapists
Maggie’s experience spans over 20 years helping people overcome problems so they can enjoy more fulfilling and satisfying lives.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Symptoms of Stress?
When stresed, you might feel: anxious, afraid, angry or aggressive, sad, irritable, frustrated, depressed.
And physically you might experience: headaches, nausea, indigestion, shallow breathing or hyperventilation, sweating, palpitations, aches and pains
As a result, behaviourally you might then: withdraw from others or snap at them, be indecisive or inflexible, be tearful, experience sleep difficulties, experience sexual problems, and possibly smoke, increase alcohol or drug use.
What Causes Stress?
Not Sure Which Therapist Or Type Of Therapy You Need?
Get in touch with Maggie Morrow, Award Winning Therapist & KlearMinds Director. Maggie can help match you with the right therapist based on your needs.
Online Counselling Available.
Take the First Step Towards Overcoming Stress
If you feel ready to stop stress from ruling your life, our stress counsellors can help.
Our London Therapy Locations
We help people across London and have therapy rooms in Central London & London City.
Our hand-selected therapists have trained in the UK’s most respected counselling institutions. They hold a minimum of 8 and up to 30 years clinical experience within the NHS, private and/or charitable sectors in and around London. They are registered with: